If you have recently come into contact with a poison ivy plant and are starting to develop an irritating and uncomfortable rash, here are a few things you can do to prevent the rash from spreading and treat the discomfort.
- Immediately rinse your skin with warm, soapy water
- Wash your clothing and everything that may have come into contact with the plant
- Do not scratch, this can lead to infection
- Consider using a calamine lotion or hydrocortisone cream
- Apply cool compresses to the itchy skin
- Consider taking antihistamine pills
You can stop by AFC Bridgeport 7 days a week, no appointment necessary, for poison ivy treatments and other acute illnesses or injuries.
Our center is conveniently located at 161 Boston Avenue in Bridgeport, CT. If you’d like to call us for more prevention tips and urgent care services we provide, you can reach us at 203-333-4400!
Our experienced staff will have you feeling better in no time!