An (electrocardiogram), or EKG is a measurement of the electrical activity of the heart. Through electric sensors placed on your skin, electric signals that are produced by your heart and flow throughout your body are measured to determine whether your heart is beating at a normal rate.
EKG’s assist us in understanding several vital points of information such as:
- Providing information regarding heart rhythm problems and heart attacks
- Observe changes in the body’s balance of electrolytes including magnesium and potassium
- Updates on existing heart conditions such as heart disease
- Diagnose heart attacks
If you are suffering from the following symptoms, please visit for a complete diagnosis:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest discomfort and pain
- History of fainting
EKG tests are painless and only require 3-4 minutes to be conducted. These types of tests assist us in diagnosing many health conditions. Visit AFC Bridgeport at 161 Boston Avenue, or call 203-333-4400.