The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that all applicants of and current holders of Commercial Driver’s Licenses (CDL) complete a physical examination and application every two years. This test is to determine if the individual is capable of operating a commercial vehicle. This is for the safety of both the individual and others on the road. There are some requirements that an individual must meet.
- Your vision must be 20/40 in each eye and with both eyes combined, with or without correction.
- You must be able to determine the difference between the colors of traffic lights.
- You should be able to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- You cannot have blood pressure over 160/100.
- Your blood sugar must be no higher than 200.
- You cannot be using habit forming drugs, amphetamines, or narcotics.
- If you have diabetes, sleep apnea, vision problems, or cardiac problems, you may need an exemption, which should be brought with you to the medical exam
AFC Urgent Care performs DOT physicals at both of our locations in Bridgeport CT. Our doctors perform the entire physical in office.
We asked that you call our center in advance to make sure this service is being offered for the day you want your physical performed.
Please bring the following to your physical:
- Your current state driver’s license
- Your glasses or contacts
- A copy of your medical history
- A contact list of doctors and specialists you see
- Prescription bottles, a list of all current medications, and/or any over the counter medications
Please read our full guide on our DOT physicals.
Our office hours are convenient and include night and weekends, often longer than a traditional doctor’s office.
- Our Boston Ave location is open Monday through Friday from 8am-8pm, and weekends 8am-8pm.
- Our Main Street location is open Monday through Friday from 8am-8pm, and weekends 8am-8pm.
For more information about our employer services, click here!
Please note all physicals (including Pre-Op, DOT, School/Work), will have to be seen no later than 2 hours prior to closing.